WORKOUT 5 uses a pair of dumbbells and a single resistance band. Besides the split squats which combine bells & bands in the same set, you'll first perform each move with dumbbells, rest 20 seconds, and then perform that same move again with bands. Following a dead-weight exercise with a band move for the same body zone is a great way to spark new growth. The muscle pumps are quite precious so consider this some classic bodybuilding baked into a full-body fat-burning circuit.
- Alternate between 40 seconds of work and 20 seconds of rest for each move:
1. X-Band Split Squats- Left/Weak Side
2. X-Band Split Squats- Right/Strong Side
3. Dumbbell Overhead Presses
4. Band Overhead Presses
5. Dumbbell Bent-Over Rows
6. Band Seated Rows
7. Dumbbell Hammer Curls
8. Band Hammer Curls
9. Dumbbell Overhead Triceps Extensions
10. Band Overhead Triceps Extensions
- That’s 1 round. Do up to 3 total rounds, resting 1-2 minutes between rounds.