This is the Saturday workout for advanced trainees doing the 4x/week GORILLACORN GAINZ training split.
This end-of-week routine is designed to show those smaller muscle groups some extra love while packaging in some much needed corrective exercise work to enhance performance, reduce the risk of injury, and accelerate recovery. The goal here is simply next level mind-muscle connections and precious pumps. Load is of little concern, except when noted otherwise (heavy carries).
Perform each move for max quality reps for a minute per side back-to-back (2 minutes total). Rest 30 seconds between exercises:
1. 1-Leg Donkey Calf Raises L/R
2. 1-Arm Side-Lying DB Reverse Flys L/R
3. Split-Kneeling Psoas Pulses L/R
4. 1-Arm Lateral Hinges L/R
5. Med Ball or Goblet Shin Box Raises L/R
6. 1-Arm DB Concentration Curls L/R
7. 1-Arm Band/Cable Triceps Pushdowns L/R
8. Self-Assisted 1-Arm, 1-Leg DB High-Low Row Complex L/R
9. Pulsing See-Saw Lunges L/R
10. 1-Arm Suitcase Carries L/R
That’s 1 cycle that takes 25 minutes to complete. Perform a single cycle in Week 1. Perform up to 2 total cycles in Weeks 2 and 3.