Rest weeks are the best weeks, baby! This becomes truer every year I get older. LOL.
But I really want to stress the importance of recharging your mind and your body next week. It's critical to getting ready for our next month of training and keeping you on track.
SO WHAT SHOULD YOU DO THIS WEEK?
1) Go back to any of our past 2020 follow-along workouts on your big-screen here:
2) Repeat each of the 3 WOWs this past month in the following manner:
Monday: Metabolic Disaster 1.0
Wednesday: Metabolic Disaster 2.0
Friday: Metabolic Disaster 3.0
3) Check out any of the 100+ instructional home workouts from our archives.
But please remember that a key part of the OFF-WEEK is shifting from GAINZ to RECOVERY mode. You must reduce the overall training volume and/or intensity to maximize the benefits to this past month of training. In fact, many of the GAINZ will accrue during this time. If you do it right, you'll be itching to do the first official WOW of August for Monday, August 3rd and you'll feel fresh AF!
HERE ARE MY GENERAL RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Keep doing your daily mobility work and walking. This drives your recovery and you've got extra time to make substantial mobility GAINZ that will enhance performance moving forward.
- If you've been doing the 3 workouts/week schedule, back off to just 1-2 WOWs.
- If you've been doing the 4x/week with GG, back off to 2-3 WOWs and lay off the structured metabolic bodybuilding and strength work next weekend.
- Your weekly diet should also remain unchanged. If you're in a major SHRED mode, consider forgoing this weekend's cheat meal and doing it on the 4th if you've got big party plans to accommodate the reduction in training volume and/or intensity next week. Or you could give yourself more flexibility next week and hit multiple cheat meals. Sometimes the higher calories and carbs are exactly what you need, even if you're less active. Listen to your body (not your mind). It will tell you what to do so just trust the process and don't put too much pressure on yourself, baby.
And please feel free to ask me any questions you may have in the forum. You could also send me personal DMs to https://onlyfans.com/bjgaddour and I'll do my best to respond within 48 hours. It's the only place I'm answering DMs and it's free to subscribe.
Your Workout Buddy,